FixedFloat | Exchange Zcash to Bitcoin
EXCHANGE ZCASH TO BITCOIN
What do you need to know?
- The average time for exchanging ZEC to BTC is from 2 to 6 minutes.
- You need 4 confirmations of the Zcash blockchain for the exchange.
- The speed of confirmation of a Bitcoin transaction depends on the level of congestion of the Bitcoin blockchain network, read more in our article
Zcash — the first truly anonymous cryptocurrency
Zcash — a decentralized cryptocurrency developed by Zerocoin Electric Coin Company in 2016. The main feature is the ability to send truly hidden payments, which provide a high level of security and anonymization. Since the Zero-Knowledge protocol is used, the blockchain does not get full open transaction information.
There are 2 types of addresses: a z-address, which is protected by a zero-disclosure proof protocol and is anonymous, and a t-address, which is public. Today 95% of ZEC addresses are open.
Transaction processing speed on the Zcash blockchain
ZEC is a relatively fast blockchain. The average formation time of a new block is approximately 2.5 minutes, which is several times faster than Bitcoin. The developers plan to improve the software and even switch to a completely new blockchain in the future, reducing the complexity of mining. This will reduce the time to confirm one transaction to 1-5 minutes.
Zcash network fee
Cryptocurrency Zcash gained great popularity not only due to anonymity. Many users rated the extremely low fee on transfers. For example, for 2019, it did not exceed $0.0007, and the average figure was in the range of $0.0001.
When will Bitcoin be credited to your wallet?
We send Bitcoin immediately after the exchange is completed, but the time before the first confirmation depends on several parameters:
- Commissions. In our exchanger miner fee is set so that the transaction was one of the first.
- Frequency of occurrence of blocks. Blocks in the Bitcoin network appear on average every 10 minutes, but it happens that a new block does not appear for an hour or more. In this case, the Commission may lose its relevance and the transaction may go a little longer than planned.
How to estimate the confirmation time of the transaction?
There are several ways to estimate the time of confirmation of the transaction, but you need to understand that it is impossible to calculate it accurately since many factors affect the passage of your transaction, you can read more in our article.
- The easiest way to find out when the first confirmation of the network is to go in the service of collecting statistics from BitcoinFees Earn.com there you can see when your transaction gets into a block, depending on the fee which you sent it.
- You can also use the Explorer Blockchair.com where you can see the priority of the transaction. The first number is what place in the queue is a transaction, the second how many transactions are pending (e.g. priority 1676/9495). Each block includes approximately 2500 transactions, we see that our transaction is in 1676 place in the queue, and therefore must pass in the next block.
It is important to note that to increase the number of confirmations, a new block must appear, blocks in bitcoin can go from 1 to 75 minutes. The average time of Bitcoin block appearance is 10 minutes.
You can read more in our article about the confirmation time in the Bitcoin network.
When can I spend the funds received?
- If you request funds for a personal Bitcoin wallet, you can dispose of them immediately after one confirmation of the network.
- If funds are sent to an exchange or other services where there is a need for multiple confirmations, then you will need to wait until the transaction receives the required number of confirmations.
How does the number of confirmations in the Bitcoin network increase?
After the first confirmation, they will only grow with newly mined blocks. If there is no next block for a long time, then the number of confirmations up to this point will remain unchanged.